Wednesday 12 September 2012

Coursework Skills Audit: My Evaluation

After completing the 'AS Media Studies Coursework Skills Audit' I was able to find out my strengths and weaknesses. 

I have been able to identify my strengths in the two sections; the first being the 'Video' section. The skills needed for this part of the course play to my best abilities and I was able to put  almost all my responses as either a 4 or a 5. Since I have made a lot of videos before, I am good with a video camera and have used editing software beyond the standards of Windows Movie Maker many times. I am also aware of the terminology to use when describing what I have done in my video editing and know a great majority of different shot types. The second and other part of the course that I have strength in is the 'Website' section. Again, I was able to put 4's and 5's down as a response for each question and this time not one of my answers were lower than a 4. This will also be an easy part of the course for me because I am skilled in using publishing software and have had a lot of practice using software like Photoshop. I have also created and added to websites before so I would have had experience before hand.

I have also been able to identify my main weakness as 'Audio', considering I have put most of my responses as 2 and 3's. This is the part of the course I don't feel as confident in and will have to work harder in to maintain a good grade overall. Although I am interested in music, I don't make my own music nor do I listen to the radio often. I also haven't listened to many types of radio shows and even less feel confident in recruiting actors to play parts on a radio show. I will have to try my best with this section and hopefully I will be able to get a good outcome and a good grade. Though I'm sure I can make sure that will be the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment