Saturday 20 April 2013

Evaluation: What Have You Learnt About Technologies in the Process of Constructing This Product?




“In terms of research, I have used a range of Microsoft office softwares to record down analysis for rock magazine front covers, contents pages and double page spreads. So things like powerpoint, publisher, word, etc.

I used these softwares because they all had interesting ways of displaying my research nicely and they generally were all very simple to use. And Also I think I’ve developed better analysis skills and these softwares contribute to that greatly. By being able to access them easily, I was also able to consistently use them and get used to the flow of analysing.

Moving on to Planning, the one main use of technology I used was a camera. The obvious use for this was so I could take the pictures needed for the front cover, contents page and double page spread. The camera has been useful in the obvious fact that it was only way I would be able to create images for the content of the magazine. I’ve also been able to develop my photography skills: thinking more about angles, shot types and such.

For the production, I relied greatly on photoshop. I used photoshop to manipulate the images to how I wanted them to look and so in the end I was able to create all the aspects of my project. Photoshop has most definitely been useful. I was able to create what feel are strong finished results, and all because of the tools that are available on the software.

Lastly, for my evaluation I have used a variety of technologies. The main one I feel is a video recorder. I used the video recorder to create an interesting answer to a few of my evaluation questions, and so that they weren’t just plain text on a page. In terms of creativity, I definitely think the videorecorder has been helpful.
And to conclude, I think that If I was to make another magazine I would use more softwares like fireworks and gimp. I would also use more physical technologies like higher tech cameras, so that have the best quality pictures.”

No comments:

Post a Comment